We love gift, we all love giving gifts.
For me, what’s hard on that is for the closest friends, parents, spouse, colleagues, in-laws, we bought them gift each and every year. Have you ever run out of idea what should you get for them this year again? Not to mention what if that person already has everything. Now, what should you do?
So, do you…
- have a best friend whose getting married next month?
- confused about what to bring on your next Christmas dinner this year on your parents?
- want to surprise your fiancee with a beautiful gift?
- look for an anniversary gift for your spouse?
Don’t stress out, let me inspire you with an idea.
I always try to make each and every gift more personalized. One of a kind thing that’s specially made for them. I guess that would be ideal. I particularly love giving portraits as gifts. Some people told me that’s cheating just because I can draw. Well, that’s not true, there are millions of artists out there who do a custom portrait. I believe you can find somebody who fits your art style (or your budget) among them.
How cool would it be to have a piece of art made to capture something (or someone) you love so much? And think about the possibilities, it doesn’t even have to be a personal portrait. It could be a house portrait or maybe a pet?
And here are some tips on ordering a custom portrait art.
- Who is the portrait for and why? What’s the occasion? Is it a birthday gift? Anniversary gift? or a farewell gift? Ask the artist to put extra detail on the art to make a memory from it.
- If possible, ask for a separate custom portrait when ordering a couple of portraits. That would be useful if they decided later to make a custom pillowcase or mug from it. And a copy of the digital file in hand will be handy in the future.
- What would they love the most? It could be their pet, if so, you know which portrait should you order.
- A good photo makes a good reference and that means better art. If it’s too difficult to get a picture for reference even though you already stalk them weeks on Instagram, you’d probably want to consider asking them openly. If you’re afraid this could blow your surprise plan, how about a gift voucher instead?
- It doesn’t always come on a frame. Think about wedding invitation, greeting card, a personalized card, tote bag (because why not?) or if you want to go all out, order a custom family tree.
And that’s it! In many ways, you and the artist will work together to create the perfect portrait for your loved one. Personalized art will always be treasured for years to come.