ANZAC Day Cake
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 250 g golden syrup
- 6 eggs
- 120 g self-raising flour
- 120 g rolled oats
- 150 g desiccated coconut
- 80 g icing sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- Preheat oven to 170C then greases the cake tin and dust lightly with caster sugar.
- Melt butter and golden syrup over low heat, set aside to cool slightly, then beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, oats, icing sugar and coconut in a bowl, then stir in butter mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, test with cake skewer to make sure it’s cooked.
- Combine caster sugar and rum, then bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over cake and serve with whipped cream.
Source: Australia’s Best Recipe
Honey, what’s for dinner?
Best-Ass Thai Panang Beef Curry
Leave a Reply